Mailing List
Get the latest news by email.

Your email:

New Members

In order to serve you better, select your area code in the drop down list below.

Aller à la version française

Triumph sales up for 2009: +2% Worldwide and +20% in Canada


by Marc Cantin ,

In the middle of a collapse of motorcycle sales in all major world markets (Think -30% in the Western markets in 2009), Triumph just posted a 2% increase in 2009, as well as a 30% increase in worldwide market share for bikes over 500cc, now at 4.3%.

How is this for In-your-face looks - and with enough performance to impress, maybe even scare you a little

How did they do this? The old fashioned way, with new, more attractive bikes that combine uniqueness, performance and judicious pricing. That is a core belief at Triumph, where 165 of the 650 Triumph UK employees work in design and development.

Triumph’s strategy is to launch at least three new or much evolved models each year, an incredible development rate for a company their size, and one which dealers are happily learning to deal with and grow.

Customer satisfaction is also on the up, with 56% of customers describing their buying experience as “outstanding”, up from 40% two years ago and 33% in 2006.

Triumph sales in Canada are going through the roof, with a trend-bucking year-to-date increase of 20% over 2008, in a total market that has shrunk by 28% in 2009, thus producing a most impressive total positive advantage of 48%.

Chris Ellis, Triumph head-honcho in Canada, adds another spin to explain this growth. “European brands in general are receiving huge attention in Canada, and Triumph and its retailers have experienced a significant sales increase as a result. This is likely based on the discriminating buyers still active in the market, and wanting quality and value, but more than that, a chance to show their individuality & GO THEIR OWN WAY!”

Sure seems to work for them!

Photo Credit : Triumph