Recall on 1,630 Harley-Davidson motorcycles in Canada
Harley-Davidson is recalling 1,630 motorcycles in Canada due to a problem with the clutch. Affected models include:
- 2014 CVO Road King (FLHRSE);
- 2014-2015 CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE);
- 2014-2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic (FLHTCU);
- 2014-2015 Police Electra Glide (FLHTP);
- 2014-2015 Street Glide (FLHX);
- 2014-2015 Street Glide Special (FLHXS);
- 2014-2015 Ultra Limited (FLHTK);
- 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low;
- 2015 Road Glide (FLTR);
- 2015 Road Glide Special;
- 2015 Ultra Limited Low.
According to Transport Canada
, the hydraulic clutch system on certain motorcycles may not be able to generate enough lift to disengage the clutch after being parked for an extended period of time, which could result in a loss of control when started in gear or when first shifted into gear. This could increase the risk of a crash.
Harley-Davidson dealers will inspect and affect the repairs accordingly.