BMW inching towards K 1600 Six-cylinder touring bike launch - This will be Huge!
The long-awaited replacement to the venerable K 1200 LT Full Monte tourer from BMW is just around the corner.
We at Moto123.com thought it best not to submit you to the full Press Communique from Motorrad, especially the German-made translation to English.
Here are the highlights that have come through on this Anti-Gold Wing machine.
- Traverse in-line six-cylinder engine developing 160hp at 7500 rpm and a maximum torque of 129 lb-ft at 5000 rpm.
- Over 70% of maximum torque available from 1500 rpm.
- Lightweight construction using magnesium brackets, aluminum rear sub frame, lightened crankshaft, etc.)
- Throttle by wire
- Three engine modes: "Rain", "Road", and "Dynamic"
- Standard part-integral ABS, optional Dynamic Traction Control
- Duolever and Paralever suspensions
- Optional Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA II
- Optional Adaptive Headlight that lights up the inside of corners
- TFT colour screen and menu guidance dashboard
- Audio system that supports GPS, iPod, MP3, USB, Bluetooth and satellite radio (only USA and Canada)
- Improved aerodynamics for better wind and weather protection
- K 1600 GT with active riding ergonomics for proactive touring
- K 1600 GTL with comfortable, relaxed ergonomics and luxury features, aimed at two-up long distance touring
- Extensive standard equipment: xenon headlight, heated grips and seat, cruise control, on-board computer, and (Most likely) side and Top Case baggage
- Extensive bespoke accessories from a BMW Motorrad catalog
BMW have gone to town with this all-new machine, shooting for the “Best Touring Bike in the World” title. They just may have hit it – I can’t wait to ride and tell you about it, hopefully later this calendar year!