Today, Yamaha Motor Canada introduces its 2012 WaveRunners, highlighted by the all-new, feature rich FX Series, along with new comfort and styling features to all WaveRunners.
“Our FX line has always been some of the most luxurious watercraft on Canadian waters,” says Yamaha Motor Canada’s Marine Product Manager, Jean-Francois Rioux. “For 2012, FX models are completely redesigned with a brand new hull and deck, providing even more comfort, convenience, storage, and towing ability. The new FX platform will set a new standard of luxury performance with fun handling, excellent comfort and stability. It’s more than ready to spend a full day on the water!”
The FX Series includes the flagship FX Cruiser SHO, FX SHO, FX Cruiser HO, and FX HO.
- New hull and deck design provides excellent stability, while retaining playful ride character
- More room and comfort for driver and passengers
- New “theatre” seating on Cruiser models. The first true, 3-passenger seat on a PWC with hip support for driver and each passenger.
- New fast acting mechanical neutral for starting in place
- New “command link” instrumentation buttons on dash
- New fast access stern storage area for wet items and tow accessories
- Extra large stern reboarding area
Joining the new FX line are Yamaha’s signature VX Series WaveRunners. Arguably the most affordable, reliable and fuel efficient watercraft on the market today, the VX Series is a great choice for value minded buyers and rental operators alike. In fact, the VX features the best fuel economy of any 3-person PWC! Models include VX Cruiser, VX Deluxe and VX Sport.
- New metallic paint colours
- New two-tone textured seat on the VX Deluxe
Last year Yamaha released the new VX Performance Series, a winning combination of affordability and performance. Both models, the VXS HO and VXR HO, produce power comparable to the world’s fastest supercharged PWCs, without the added cost of a supercharger or intercooler. In only its first year on the US National Tour, the VX Performance Series dominated the ‘Normally Aspirated’ class.
VX Performance Series
- Most affordable high performance model in the industry
- New colours and graphics
- New two-tone textured seat on VXS
Also returning is Yamaha’s FZ Series, the epitome of high performance and Yamaha’s racing heritage. Featuring a 1.8L supercharged engine—the largest displacement engine in the industry—and Yamaha’s light, strong and nimble NanoXcel hull and deck, the FZ Series delivers unbelievable engine response and flickable ride character. Just ask our racers who took the top spot in the ‘Pro Stock’ class at the 2011 US National Tour. Models include FZR and FZS.
- New carbon accents on the deck of the FZR
- New sport bolstered seat for the FZR
With 11 models and 17 colour variations to choose from, offering a wide range of performance, luxury and affordability, Yamaha has something to satisfy everyone’s desires. To view all of their 2012 WaveRunners, visit Yamaha-motor.ca