Here are the details of the protest that will be held on the coming Saturday and Sunday at the Quebec Parliament Building. Certain details beyond our control could change at the last minute.
We are looking forward to seeing you there for a protest that will go down in history under the aegis of the common front of motorcyclists and will forever mark the file on motorcycling in Quebec.
One thing is certain, we will get their attention. Even the trade press from France (Moto Magazine) will be on hand to cover the event.
Montreal (departure time: 11:30 a.m.)
Departure from Montreal East towards Quebec City on Marien Blvd. between Henri-Bourassa and Highway 40 as well as Place Marien in the same neighbourhood.
Map of Montreal departure
This site should accommodate +/- 2,000 bikes.
If there isn’t enough space, a second site is planned, the same one where the demonstration kicked off last week.
Map of Montreal departure
MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE FIRST SITE. IF IT’S FULL, YOU’LL BE REDIRECTED TO SITE NUMBER 2.
The motorcycle convoy will leave Montreal at 11:30 a.m., travelling at normal speed until Drummondville, where it will meet up with the Drummond and Trois-Rivières groups.
The journey to Quebec City will turn into a minimum allowed speed operation from St-Louis-de-Blanford on Highway 20, all the way to the National Assembly.
Departure from Trois-Rivières on De La Loire Street between the Mazda dealership and the Days’ Inn. (exit Boulevard St-Jean/Jean XXIII, Highway 55)
DEPARTURE TIME: 12:20 p.m.
Departure from Drummondville at Fromagerie Lemaire, 182 Industrial Blvd. (exit 170, Highway 20) St-Germain, QC J0C 1K0
DEPARTURE TIME: 12:15 p.m.
Rimouski to be determined…
Those with tents will be able to camp on the lawns in front of the National Assembly on the other side of Honoré-Mercier Street.
Those coming in campers or any other motorized vehicle can park on Honoré-Mercier Street in front of the parliament building.
Map of the site
Rules for camping protesters:
NO FIRE – NO GLASS CONTAINERS – WE ARE CIVILIZED PEOPLE, WE PICK UP OUR TRASH!
Ten portable toilets will be on site.
- We encourage you to sign two petitions, the content of which will be revealed on the site of the vigil.
- Placards will be available to create your slogans, allowing you to show your dissatisfaction during the march.
- Two thunderbolts will sound each day (we’ll start our engines and make the ground of Old-Quebec tremble)
- Special “Jean Charest” piñata on Saturday and Sunday
- Antique motorcycle show (ride your classic bike in and show it off)
- Speeches and public demands on behalf of Opération Escargot, the CAPM, the FMQ and Promocycle.
- Music and entertainment
- Escargot, FMQ, CAPM and Promocycle information booths
- OTHER ACTIVITIES WILL BE ADDED DURING THE WEEK
A safety team will be on site to make sure the event goes smoothly
First aid team
We need volunteers: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or comments: write to email@example.com