A wide front end and chunky 16-inch tire give the new Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom motorcycle a proud stance that is strong and contemporary. Introduced as a mid-year addition to the 2011 Harley-Davidson model line-up, the 1200 Custom motorcycle also features new wheels, a pull-back handlebar, and a reshaped LED tail lamp.
These elements combine to give the 1200 Custom motorcycle an exciting new look, which are only a starting point for this Sportster model. The 1200 Custom motorcycle will also debut H-D1 Factory Customization – a new opportunity that allows the Customer to choose from seven option categories to optimize fit, function, and style. By selecting from available Factory-installed wheels, handlebars, seats, paint, foot control position, security system, and engine finish, the Customer can create a 1200 Custom that is a truly personalized motorcycle. Factory customization is the latest element of Harley-Davidson customization, which also includes Genuine Motor Parts and Genuine Motor Accessories catalogues, Fit Shop and Bike Builder on www.harleycanada.com/hd1bikebuilder
, Genuine Motor Accessories Custom Seat and Custom Paint programs, Chrome Consultant and Fit Shop advisors at Harley-Davidson Retail locations, and much more.
A Sportster Model with Phattitude
The 1200 Custom motorcycle offers a new look, but is a Sportster motorcycle to the core, offering a compelling combination of bold styling, nimble handling and the irresistible beat of American V-Twin performance.
Key features of the 2011 1200 Custom motorcycle include:
- Air-cooled Evolution 1,200 cc V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 79 ft. lbs. peak torque at 4,000 rpm.
- Powertrain is finished in black powdercoat with chrome covers.
- NEW chrome, five-Spoke cast aluminium wheels front and rear. Front and rear wheels are 16 x 3.0 inches.
- NEW Michelin Scorcher 31 tires; 130/90B 16 front and 150/80B16 M/C 77H rear.
- NEW wider fork spacing and polished triple clamps.
- Pull-back handlebar mounted on a curved riser that incorporates an LED warning light display.
- NEW reshaped classic Sportster “eyebrow” over the headlamp.
- NEW tail light is smaller and has a new shape with a bright, maintenance free LED module.
- NEW front suspension rates are re-tuned to match the new tire/wheel combination. 39 mm front fork with 30 degrees of rake.
- Polished forward foot controls.
- Coil-over pre-load adjustable rear shocks.
- Two-up seat is standard. Laden seat height is 26.6 inches.
- The 4.5-gallon fuel tank offers long riding range.