MotoGP: Stoner fastest - Rossi returns to hotel
Honda’s Casey Stoner was once again the fastest rider on Day-2 of the MotoGP pre-season test in Sepang while Valentino Rossi had to retreat to his hotel as he was not feeling well.
Although the Italian was on hand at the circuit on Wednesday morning, he decided to get back to his hotel to rest, so that he may be able to take part in the last day of testing Thursday.
Top spots were taken by the three factory Honda riders who filled the first three places. Stoner was just half a tenth faster than Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso another three tenths behind after a day where track temperature soared well above 60ºC.
The works Yamahas of Ben Spies and Jorge Lorenzo were fourth and fifth quickest and the only other two riders to post times under the 2m01s mark, though Spies ended his day with a minor crash at Turn 7.
MotoGP Sepang Testing Day-2
Pos. Rider Team/Bike Time
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.171s
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.229s
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.531s
4. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 0.824s
5. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 0.931s
6. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.033s
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.439s
8. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 1.738s
9. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 1.792s
10. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 1.909s
11. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2m 2.035s
12. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 2.208s
13. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 2.596s
14. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.604s
15. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.624s
16. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 2.676s
17. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 2.941s
18. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.984s
19. Nobuatsu Aoki JPN Suzuki Test Rider 2m 4.582s