continued his domination during the last day of the official MotoGP test on Thursday in Sepang while, in the end, the Honda riders took three of the four top spots.
The former MotoGP champion finished ahead of team-mate Dani Pedrosa who, along with Stoner was the only other man to break the two-minute barrier.
Marco Simoncelli (Gresini Honda) was the third fastest with Andrea Dovizioso following close by. Ben Spies (Yamaha) clocked the fifth quickest time on the Yamaha, but the American was a full second off the pace set by Stoner.
World champion Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) was seventh while Valentino Rossi
(Ducati), who finished a distant 9th, was back in action after having to miss yesterday's session because of the flu.
The third and final 2011 pre-season test will be held at Qatar from March 13-14.
MotoGP Sepang Test Thursday – Results
Pos. Rider Team/Bike Time (Laps)
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 1m 59.665s (37)
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 59.803s (38)
3. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 0.163s (46)
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.541s (45)
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 0.678s (32)
6. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 0.966s (29)
7. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.003s (48)
8. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2m 1.194s (34)
9. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.328s (48)
10. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 1.346s (21)
11. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 1.469s (59)
12. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 1.469s (71)
13. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 1.493s (39)
14. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.034s (50)
15. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.155s (42)
16. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 2.410s (57)
17. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 2.457s (40)
18. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 2.506s (55)
19. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 3.016s (13)