BMW-Motorrad Canada has launched the F800R Sport Roadster, scheduled for dealer showrooms mid-September, with an MSRP of $9,990. Factory installed options include ABS brakes, Tire Pressure Control, On-board computer, Sport windshield, white turn Indicators, and an integrated Anti-Theft Alarm system. Both low and high seat options are available at no charge on factory orders.
Launched in Europe in late 2008, the F800R Sport Roadster emulates the mighty K1300R Power Roadster in design, and is the fourth model in the evolution of the F800 Series lineup.
Technical Highlights include
· The 798cc F800 family parallel twin, rated at 87 bhp @ 8,000 rpm and 86 Nm of torque @ 6,000 rpm. The additional two horsepower, when compared to the other F800 family members, are due to a redesigned exhaust system.
· A 50mm longer double-sided light alloy swing arm, and shorter suspension travel than the now discontinued F800S, and a fork brace.
· An O-ring chain final drive
· A new F800R ABS system
· A fully-fueled weight of only 204 kg (182 kg unladen)
· Asymmetrical H7 headlights echo the design of its K1300R Power Roadster sibling.
Chris Pfeiffer Special Edition
In recognition of his four consecutive World and European Stunt-Riding Championships aboard an F800, BMW Motorrad has developed a spectacular “Chris Pfeiffer Special Edition” model of the new F800R, which integrates a special factory-team paint scheme and a comprehensive list of special equipment.
The Chris Pfeiffer Special Edition will command a premium of $1,350 with an MSRP of $11,340 and be available in limited quantities.
Photo Credit : BMW