2009 Boat and Water Sports Show: another great season awaits us!
Montreal's annual Boat and Water Sports Show, which took place from January 29 to February 2nd, foreshadowed a profitable 2009 season for manufacturers, outfitters and recreational service providers despite the struggling global economy.
Some 30,000 visitors came to find deals on their dream boat, plan their summer vacations or simply get a taste of what the industry has to offer. They also sent a clear message:
- Most visitors at the show were under 50, highlighting a new trend and filling the void left by older departing consumers;
- The focus on simplicity, comfort and affordability makes fans happy, especially when sportiness and performance are not overlooked by manufacturers;
- The relative financial health of Canadian banks will provide easy credit opportunities for the purchase of new machines. The volume of on-site sales should be viewed as encouraging news for dealers;
- Younger visitors are increasingly turning to water sports and all related new trends;
- Environmental aspects are increasingly important to boating enthusiasts.
The only thing left to say is, have a great summer on the lake!Photo Credit : Matthieu Lambert